1 pork tenderloin (about 1 lb)
1 tsp ground cumin
coarse s & p
2 Tbls olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
3 lbs tomatillos (husks removed), washed & coarsely chopped
1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
12 corn tortillas, 6″
2 cups coarsely grated white cheddar, 8oz
1. Preheat oven to 450. Place pork on a rimmed baking sheet; rub with cumin, season with s & p. Roast, turning once, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of pork registers 145, 20-25 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes; cut into 4 chunks. Using two forks, shred pork; transfer to a medium bowl; set aside.
2. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium; add onion & garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion begins to soften, 4-6 minutes. Add tomatillos & 3/4 cup water. Bring to a boil, & reduce to a simmer; cook until tomatillos are soft, 5-7 minutes.
3. Transfer to a food processor & blend until smooth; season sauce with s & p. Add 1 cup sauce & corn to pork; mix to combine. Transfer remaining sauce to a shallow bowl.
4. Wrap stacked tortillas in damp paper towels; microwave on high for 1 minute to soften. Working with one tortillas at a time, dip in sauce, place on a work surface, and fill with 1/4 cup pork mixture and 1 Tbls cheese. Roll up and arrange, seam side down, in a 13×9 baking dish. Top with remaining sauce & cheese; cover dish with aluminum foil.
5. Bake until sauce is bubbling, 15-20 minutes. Remove foil, and continue to bake until cheese is browned, about 15 minutes. Let enchiladas cool in dish for 10 minutes & serve.