Makes 2 dozen.
2 cups fresh blueberries
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder (original recipe calls for 4 tsp–don’t remember why I changed it to less)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup milk (I made a note to change this to 1 cup buttermilk)
1. Set oven to 375. Grease or line muffin tins.
2. Sprinkle 1/4 cup flour over berries & stir.
3. In a small bowl: 2 cups flour, baking powder, salt.
4. Large bowl: cream butter & gradually add sugar. Beat eggs and stir into creamed mixture with vanilla. Stir in milk alternately with flour mixture, mixing well each time. Fold in berries.
5. Fill cups 2/3 full. Bake 25 minutes.