I think I’ll add this recipe to this year’s Christmas cookie list. (Along with these.)
12 oz bag white vanilla baking chips (2 cups)
6 cups sugar
12 oz can evaporated milk
1 cup butter or margarine
8 oz cream cheese, softened
2, 7 oz jars marshmallow creme or 10.5 oz bag mini-marshmallows
1 T vanilla
1 cup milk chocolate chips (6 oz)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
2 T unsweetened baking cocoa
1/2 cup chopped nuts, if desired
1. Butter bottom & sides of a 13×9 pan or line with foil, leaving 1″ of foil overhanging at 2 opposite sides of pan. In a large bowl, place white baking chips; set aside.
2. In a 6-quart Dutch oven, heat sugar, milk, butter and cream cheese to boiling over med-high heat; cook 6-8 minutes, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium. Cook about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, to 225 F on a candy thermometer; remove from heat.
3. Quickly stir in marshmallow creme and vanilla. Pour 4 cups hot marshmallow mixture over baking chips in bowl; stir to mix. Into remaining marshmallow mixture, stir both kinds of chocolate chips, cocoa, and nuts.
4. Pour 1/3 of the white mixture into pan, spreading evenly. Quickly pour 1/3 of the chocolate mixture over top, spreading evenly. Repeat twice. Swirl knife greased with butter through mixtures for marbled design. Cool until set.
5. Refrigerate uncovered about 3 hours or until set. Cut into 12 rows by 8 rows with knife greased with butter. Store covered in refrigerator.