1 cup powdered sugar
1 pint part-skim ricotta
1/2 cup blanched silvered almonds
1/3 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 T amaretto liqueur
12 cannoli shells
1 T powdered sugar
1 T unsweetened cocoa powder
12 maraschino cherries
1. In a large bowl, stir ricotta & 1 cup sugar. Add almonds, chips, and liqueur.
2. Pipe into cannoli shells from the center-out.
3. Sprinkle plates with sugar and cocoa or sprinkle on cannoli. Garnish with cherries.
* 1/8 tsp almond extract mixed with 1 T water can be used for the liqueur
* Caryn’s mom adds a little whipped cream to ricotta mixture